Start a new topic

reopen android crew buddy topic

Please develop crew buddy for android!

6 people like this idea

Hi Deb! 

Ha!  I would really like to fast forward to the day when we have it!  However, there are a lot of technical hurdles keeping us from continuing development right now. Don't worry though, we haven't given up, we've just put it on hold for now.

Robert Stokes

I'm anxiously awaiting an Android version! I am willing to pay a little more than the Apple version. Please expedite development.

1 person likes this
So what is the eta on an Android version? I've just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S6 and this app is the only thing I miss! Just had too many problems with my last 2 iPhones.

1 person likes this

Hi Anna!  

I'm sorry, we don't have an ETA for the Android version.  I started work last year, but there were so many problems with Android that I decided to put it on hold.  

To be honest, if we complete the Android version, it's not going to be as good or as reliable as it is on the iPhone.  There are so many complications with Android that prevent it from being as refined and polished.  I have a hard time releasing something that isn't up to my standards.  

I was really optimistic about the Android version when I first started developing it.  After several hundred hours of programming, it's turned out to be a very frustrating and disappointing endeavor.

Anyway, like I said before, I haven't given up on it... just put it on hold for now.

Robert Stokes

Any chance of a beta version still?

1 person likes this
Would love to be a beta tester note 2 using 4.4.2 was going to switch to I phone but can't leave my great note 2

Thanks for your interest!  I'll be sure to let you know when we open the beta program back up.

Hello Robert, I'd love to help test the beta version whenever it is ready. I have the Droid Ultra. I bought a used iPhone JUST for crew buddy.I only use the WiFi on it. Other than that I like my droid better.

1 person likes this

Hello everyone.

There is no immediate news on the Android version.   However it is not dead.  There "might" be something in the works!

Robert, that would be fantastic! I have almost even considered buying an iPhone just to take advantage of the app, but I'm a die hard android user and I've decided to stick with keeping my phone.

1 person likes this

Ok, I understand no Android option at this time.  I recently turned in my tester ipad for the electronic Flight Attendant Manual.  I have been using Crew Buddy and am now addicted to it.  

Is there any way that is can be accessed via a browser or windows?  Especially since I am considering a windows phone.  Even when I'm using my laptop, I'd love to have access to my account and the overnight info.  I will never buy an iPhone. Ever.  Sorry. But I would love to pay you for your app.  

Hey Robert!

I'm very glad you're addicted to CrewBuddy!  :-)  I am too!  Hopefully, you'll all get permanent iPads soon.

CrewBuddy can't work in a browser or on windows but I am working hard on getting an Android version up and running.  I'm very hopeful that we'll have something in a few months.  

Do you have an Android now?

Yes, I'm a big Android fan and not much of an Apple fan.  We should all be getting our iPads in March and April.  

Hey Robert! It's exciting to hear that you're hoping to have an Android version of CrewBuddy in the next few months! I've been an Android user ever since the very first Android device (HTC G1). I am currently using a Samsung Note 5 and would love to beta test an Android version. 

I currently have CrewBuddy on my iPad (I only use it for CrewBuddy) to sync my trips to my Google calendar. I look forward to hearing your continued progress with the Android version!

Login or Signup to post a comment